Administrators Step Into New Roles

Jason+Yeaman+and+Ryan+DuBose+are+both+entering+their+first+year+as+administrators.+

Morgan Collier

Jason Yeaman and Ryan DuBose are both entering their first year as administrators.

Along with each new school year comes change and the expectation to see new faces on campus, among both the student body and the faculty. This year, perhaps one of the biggest adjustments students will have to make is no longer just seeing four-year teacher and coach Ryan Dubose in the classroom or on the football field. Dubose recently took the place of former Assistant Principal Donna Fong after she took a position at Deweyville High School.

Dubose began teaching science at LCM in the fall of 2010 and has coached football, basketball, and track since then. He has already begun training in his new role as administrator and will officially take the full-time position in January 2014. Dubose is optimistic about his new journey as an assistant principal and said he is excited to move on to something different, especially because he has the ability to influence students and help them.

“The difference between teaching and being an administrator is that I deal with more teachers than students,” he said. “I’m just learning the ropes.”

Another addition to the administration is Jason Yeaman, who has taken over as the Assistant Principal for Freshmen. Michael Ridout, who has worked in this position for the past six years, will transfer to Little Cypress Intermediate in January 2014 to take over the role as principal.

Yeaman originally worked at Orangefield Junior High School and was excited to join the LCM staff to gain more secondary experience on the high school level.

“My experience at LCM so far has been great,” Yeaman said. “It’s a lot bigger so there’s a lot more opportunity. Just teaching the students about how important credits are and how they carry over each year is what I like most about the job so far.”