Student Council Heads to Convention

Gabrielle+Gonzalez%2C+Mkenzie+Dileo+and+Taryn+Lacour+are+a+few+of+the+19+Student+Council+members+that+will+travel+to+Arlington+this+week+for+convention.+

Chelsea Dickert

Gabrielle Gonzalez, Mkenzie Dileo and Taryn Lacour are a few of the 19 Student Council members that will travel to Arlington this week for convention.

This week, some members of Student Council will attend the Texas Association of Student Councils state convention held in Arlington, Texas at the Arlington Convention Center.

According  to LCM Activities Director Stacey Smith, the students who are attending will participate in group activities with other schools from all around Texas such as round table discussions, key note speakers, workshops, and overall networking with student leaders from all over the state.

Convention is a great opportunity to meet people from other schools.

— Kirty Weatherly

“[Some of the best parts of the convention include] listening to all the speakers, meeting new people and getting closer to people from your school,” LCM Student Council representative Kirty Weatherly said.

A total of 19 students will attend the convention and will go on to be recognized on the award wall for being a district sweepstakes winning school.

“Some of my favorite memories from state include playing games and riding on my first rollercoaster at six flags,” Weatherly said. “I enjoyed Dave and Busters and going off in the hotel with my friends.”

Other student council events include the Fall convention and Summer Workshop at Stephen F. Austin University in Nacogdoches, Texas.