Senior Elections to be held on Tuesday

Elections for senior class officers will be held tomorrow and many students may not have given any thought to who is running and who they plan on voting for. The candidates for the 2014-2015 Presidential position are: Chris Schilz, Immanuel Brooks, Bailey Williams and Kirty Weatherly.

Candidate Immanuel Brooks is going into his fourth year in the Battlin’ Bear Band and this will be his third year to hold a leadership position. This year, he serves as the property captain and in previous years has been a property officer. Property officers handle all loading, unloading, and putting away of instruments and equipment used by the entire band, color guard, pit, and drumline.

Brooks has also attended many leadership conventions in previous years and said he was motivated to run because he believes there should be someone ready to take charge and make a difference in the position. Brooks plans to improve the senior class and offer suggestions to the administrators on how to help make life less “monotonous.”

“If I won class elections my senior year, it would be better than having a bucket of bacon in Boston,” he said.

The next candidate, Bailey Williams, is a varsity cheerleader and also competes in competitive cheer. She is involved in track, National Honor Society, and volunteer coaches for a special needs cheer squad. Williams has experience in student council and was class president her junior year. She said her motivation to run for president was her friends and family’s belief and support in her. If she wins elections, she plans to get the senior class more and involved and really make the class of 2015 a family.

“It would mean the world to me. I have grown so close to so many people in class of 2015, and to get the opportunity to stand on stage at graduation and speak to everyone would be amazing,” Williams said.

The third candidate is Kirty Weatherly, who has been involved in the Bass Fishing Club and Revealed. This is her fourth year in varsity track and Bear Buddies. She has also served as the basketball manager and she has been in Student Council for eight years. Weatherly was the Revealed president during the 2013-2014 school year and Student Council president her sophomore year. Combined, she has been Historian for four years, President for one year and secretary for one year. She has had much experience with leadership conventions in both high school and middle school and said her motivation was the desire to improve and stay busy. Weatherly also wanted to run to achieve more and said she will not let anything stop her.

“It would be a great accomplishment to me (to win) and I would feel very humbled and honored and ready to do something great for my class,” she said.