Key Club Attends Convention

The+Key+Club+travels+to+convention+every+spring%2C+where+they+get+several+new+ideas.+

L. Fruge

The Key Club travels to convention every spring, where they get several new ideas.

Last Saturday, the Key Club traveled to the Texas-Oklahoma District Key Club Convention to exchange projects they have worked on over the past year and to amend Key Club bi-laws, as well as vote on district officers for the next year.

Throughout the convention, members met students from other clubs from all over Texas and Oklahoma and gathered ideas of projects they can do in the community over the upcoming year. Key Club, which stands for Kids Educating Youth, is a service organization and members volunteer at numerous events throughout the year.

“I enjoy serving others and the community,” President Katherine Burns said. “I enjoy meeting people through Key Club.”

According to Key Club Adviser Woody Cox, the club has regular projects they work on, but they are always looking for new opportunities to help out.

“We travel around the Golden Triangle to work on our service projects and meet with members from other clubs,” Cox said.

The Key Club is open to all high school students and anyone interested in becoming a member must fill out an application and pay the annual due, which is $25. For further information about becoming a members, students may talk to Cox in room F-11.