Band Prepares for Disney Trip

Many kids dream of taking a trip to Walt Disney World and meet his or her favorite Disney character. For the LC-M Battlin’ Bear Band, those dreams get to come true during this spring break.

Every three years, the band takes a big trip and the most recent one was to Colorado. According to Band Booster President Emily Collier, the band will be there for four days; the first day they will march down Main Street Disney and the second day the Jazz band will record at a studio in Epcot.

“This will give some students an experience they never may have in their lifetime,” Collier said. “Not many get to travel to Florida with their families, and the boosters are happy to be a part in their chance to go.”
In order for the band members to pay for their trip, the students have participated in multiple fundraisers, such as selling discount cards, chance to win tickets, “All-State” fundraiser, tailgates, and Yankee candles.
“(It is our job to) raise funds to help support the band program and students,” Collier said.
The band members have worked hard to raise money for their trip and many cannot wait for Spring Break to get here.
“I am excited to see the band students experience the magic of Walt Disney World and see the excitement in their faces when we arrive,” Collier said.
As a Disney fan herself, Collier said she is looking forward to the exciting trip to the place where dreams come true just as most of the band members are.
“This is my favorite vacation spot,” Collier said. “We go about every 2-3 years and I love the ‘magic’ that Walt Didney World has to offer. I love telling people when they ask where I am going for Spring Break, ‘I am going to Disney World!’ and what better way to spend it with my daughter and the LC-M Battlin’ Bear Band.”