Filed under Sports

Lady Bear Soccer Starts Season in Full Force

Cold weather and rainy days are here, and that only means one thing – it’s once again time for soccer season. The Lady Bear team has arrived and has started the season in full force. The team has been working hard through their pre-season as they get ready for district play.

District play will begin on Tuesday, Jan. 27 against Hardin-Jefferson at LCM and the team will play a total of twelve district games. Their final district game will be March 13 against Liberty.

According to junior team captain Alexis Cox, Splendora will most likely be the toughest game of the season for the Lady Bears.

The team has been working hard every day to improve and become better than the day before.

“After district, our team hopes to be heading into playoffs soon after,” Cox said.

Recently, the Lady Bears traveled to Brenham on Jan. 8-10 where they played a total of three games and won two of them.

“Brenham gave the team a lot of experience and preparation for the season,” Cox said.

The following week, Jan. 15-17, the Lady Bears traveled to Port Neches Grooves to play in one final tournament before district begins. At the tournament they played five games and won one of the games.

“Our team is doing great so far and we’re looking forward to district starting,” Cox said.