Students to Take AP Tests Soon

Students will begin taking AP tests in May.

fullertonhigh.org

Bailey Noah, PR Manager

Students will have the opportunity to register for AP tests scheduled at the beginning of May. The last day to register is Thursday, April 7. Tests offered include: AP Physics – May 3, AP English 4 – May 4, AP Calculus – May 5, AP U.S. History – May 6, AP Music Theory – May 9, AP U.S. Government – May 10, AP English 3 – May 11, AP Statistics – May 12.

The AP Exam is designed to offer college credit to students, without paying for the course. If a student was to make a high score on the exam, they may have the opportunity to bypass the course in college, putting the student ahead. AP courses are offered to juniors and senior to prepare them for the test.

AP Statistics teacher Jeffery Collier offers advice to students, stressing to not wait until the last minute to prepare.

“Begin now reviewing back over the earlier sections of the textbook,” Collier said. “If students are using a study guide they have purchased, begin now working through it. If they have trouble with any sections, they need to get with their teacher to review the materials. Teachers WANT the students to do well on these AP tests, and will generally do everything they can to help students out.”

For Statistics, Collier suggest paying attention in class, but taking initiative outside of the classroom helps too.

“In addition to doing well in class, there are several study guides (for example “5 Steps to a 5″) that students can purchase either on-line or from a book store,” he said. “These study guides have additional practice tests the students can take, as well as a review of all the major topics that will be tested.”

U.S. Government teacher Bernard Perricone describes the test as a combination of multiple choice and free response essays. Perricone does his best to prepare his students.

“I typically try to cover as many aspects of Government I can in the limited amount of time we have,” Perricone said. “US Government is a one semester course, so sometimes I actually run out of class time prior to the test. As a result, a lot of the preparation for the exam falls on the student to address on their own. I have quite a bit of study material that I have acquired over the years and try to provide those that wish to take the test with everything and anything I can get my hands on. In the end, it is still up to them to actually prepare on their own. “My advice for anyone that wants to take the AP exam is study, study and study some more,” he said.

Bailey Noah, Editor

I enjoy meeting people, being a member of many great organizations the school has to offer, and making people laugh. I am a senior editor, a lover of music,...