One Act Play advances to Region

The+Bear+Stage+Players+will+compete+this+Wednesday+at+the+Region+competition.+

The Bear Stage Players will compete this Wednesday at the Region competition.

Rayna Christy, Managing Editor

LCM’s theatre troupe has been at the height of their One-Act Play Season, advancing to Region for the third year with their show “This Girl Laughs, This Girl Cries, This Girl Does Nothing.” The troupe will compete in the Region competition Wednesday, April 19, and has high hopes for the rest of the season and the future. 

The goal for UIL is to represent the Region and the District at the State level,” director Ashley Dennison said. “The general goal for the troupe is to continue pursuing excellence through storytelling and continuing efforts in providing quality equipment for our students and create career-ready graduates.” 

Alongside the goals they hope to reach, the troupe also has already met some of their past goals, including goals in regards to lighting and tech in general, and accomplishing these goals as helped them to succeed in many different areas of competition. 

“60% is based on acting, 40% is based on technical theatre, [and] at the Area competition, out of 80 students there, 18 of our students received individual awards on their accomplishments within their respected areas,” Dennison said. “It’s a huge compliment considering this competition started out with over 1,000 participants.” 

Setting goals for the season has not been the only way helping the troupe succeed in their season so far. The expectations set on the troupe has also pushed them to do their best.  

“I expect them to always do their best, whatever it may look like for that day,” Dennison said. “I’m incredibly proud of this group of students and I’m excited for their future.” 

If the troupe advances past Region, they will then compete at the State level. LCM will perform at 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday at Atascocita High School in Humble. Tickets are $10.