Team Force holds raffle

Elaina Forester, Social Media Editor

Team Force is currently selling raffle tickets for a chance to win several different prizesThe grand prize is a custom firepit, and second place will receive a Char- Broil Big Easy Oil- less Turkey Frier. Proceeds for this chance to win will go toward purchasing Christmas presents for Blue Iron’s Adopt a Classroom projectEveryone is allowed a chance to buy a ticket. 

Blue Iron is an organization that has been providing families iSoutheast Texas with a Christmas for many years. The proceeds from this raffle will go towards providing gifts for Team Force and Mrs. Martinez’s class at MVE For the last two years, Blue Iron Law Enforcement Motorcycle Club – Texas Original has surprised Team Force by showing up to their Christmas party with Santa, Mrs. Claus, their elves, and gifts.

“My parents are both members of Blue Iron,” Team Force teacher Kalah Word said. “In 2018 they decided that by providing Christmas to Team Force they would be able to spread Christmas joy to more families.” 

Members of Team Force look forward to this Christmas celebration every year. It’s exciting for them to receive gifts funded by this chance to win, and to throw a party. 

“The Christmas party last year was so much fun,” Word said. “We gathered in the teacher’s lounge for cookies, snacks, and other refreshments. Santa, Mrs. Clause, their elf and several members of the Blue Iron Motorcycle Club surprised us with gifts from the students’ wish lists!”