Student Council attends State Convention

Student+Council+members+had+a+blast+at+State+Convention.+

Student Council members had a blast at State Convention.

Jadyn Stack, Writer

Members of Student Council recently traveled to Arlington for the TASC Annual Conference. This gathering of student leaders from all across Texas allowed them to meet new people and build friendships, as well as develop leadership skills. The members were able to have a weekend full of team bonding and fun.

“We did group dynamics, went to Convention, did ropes courses, and went to the zoo,” junior Kylie Gross said. “I had a great time growing closer to my friends and meeting new people.” 

The State Convention is a gathering of 5,000 students to celebrate leadership. There are keynote speakers, breakout sessions, and the annual elections. The schools and students have a chance to share ideas on how to get their school more involved in activities. There were many socializing opportunities for the students to meet new people and share ideas to bring back to their schools. 

“We were able to learn leadership and communication skills, being involved with student council has taught me how to be a leader,” sophomore Lizzy De La Fuente said. 

There were many chances for the students to show off their pride for their school and learn how to bring more spirit to the high school. The group came back with new and exciting plans for the next school year. 

“The best part of being in Student Council is getting to help with student involvement,” senior Harli Foreman said. “Student Council is one of my favorite parts of high school.”