Teachers to move classrooms this week

Students+help+teachers+move+into+their+new+classrooms+last+year.+

L. Fruge

Students help teachers move into their new classrooms last year.

Brice Sylestine, Writer

This Friday, there will be a campus moving day and 23 teachers will relocate to new classrooms. According to assistant principal Tim Woolley, there is a schedule in place that consists of moving certain teachers throughout the day.

“Some of our teachers like Mrs. Ferguson will be moving to what we are calling their ‘forever home,’ meaning they will not have to move again,” Woolley said. “Others like Mrs. Tarver will be relocating into the V200 Hall while the B Hall is being renovated. For Mrs. Tarver’s move to take place, Coach Parsons will have to move early in the day on the 17th and then Mrs. Tarver would be able to move to his old room later in the day after he has moved everything out.”

According to Woolley , all of the B Hall, including the training room, will be moved with the exception of Life Skills. This area will then begin being worked on to complete one of the last phases of the construction process.

“Some classrooms will be relocating to the new area near the front office and some will be relocating to other areas across campus like the Lecture Hall or the Dance Room,” Woolley said.

Jeff Collier is one of several teachers who will be moving this Friday and this will be his third time to move classrooms within the last three years. However, this will be his last time to move, as he will relocate to one of the new classrooms.

“It will be nice to settle in for a while,” he said.

According to Collier, he is excited to be getting a new room – mainly because he can begin decorating and personalizing it.

“My new room will utilize tables for students to sit and do work at, versus traditional desks,” Collier said. “This will make hands-on activities and projects easier.”

Woolley said Mrs. Fikes and Mrs. Foster’s new rooms will be opening a few weeks after this move, hopefully before Christmas break.

“The next step would be the cafeteria being completed, hopefully by Spring Break,” he said.