Seniors to compete for title of Miss Honey

The+Miss+Honey+Pageant+will+be+held+on+Monday%2C+April+10.+

The Miss Honey Pageant will be held on Monday, April 10.

Alora Jones, Writer

Project Safe Graduation will hold the Miss Honey Pageant at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, April 20 in the auditorium. The pageant will consist of male seniors and they will compete in talent, evening gown, and trivia categories. Trophies and gift bags will be rewarded to Miss Honey, 1st, 2nd place, Miss Congeniality, and the judges. Guests can purchase tickets to vote for Miss Congeniality and their favorite class in the lip sync battle.

“The contestants will compete in evening gown, talent and a question,” PSG representative Teri Harmon said. “We are hoping to incorporate a lip sync battle between the classes, freshman vs. sophomore and junior vs. senior classes, but need a few more participants.”

According to Harmon, the pageant was created to get many students involved and help gain funds for PSG.

“It was created to provide an event that the kids could participate in, and support PSG at the same time,” Harmon said. “The event will benefit PSG so that we can continue to provide a safe, fun filled night for seniors on graduation night.”

The pageant began ten years ago, after Harmon noticed the benefits it brought to various PSG organizations in the area.

“I actually started the pageant 10 years ago when my oldest son was a senior,” Harmon said. “There were several schools in the Golden Triangle that had one and it was a great way to raise money for PSG and have an event that the kids could participate in.”

The ten males voluntarily competing are: Bryce Harmon, Parker Linscomb, Kayne Williams, Alex Reed, Korey Denton, Ronald Guillory, Zach Wellons, Tyler Miller, Allayne Appleton, and Vance Bourg. Teacher Wyatt Prejean will be the emcee and the judges will be Gary Stelly, Al Granger, Matt Purghan, Kathy Brown, Wendy Hanks, and multiple PSG volunteers.

Admission on April 10 will be $6 and DVD’s of the event will be sold for $15. According to Harmon, the pageant is expected to be exciting, hilarious, and beneficial.

“My hope is that everyone will turn out to support the contestants, enjoy the fun and benefit project safe graduation at the same time,” Harmon said.