Stress will never get the best of me

Sophomore+Emily+Glover+adores+watching+movies.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Stress will never get the best of me

Sophomore Emily Glover adores watching movies.

Bailey Noah

Bailey Noah

Bailey Noah

Emily Glover, Writer

As a high school student, stress piles on top of me constantly, especially with having eight classes and having to study for multiple tests for different classes during the same week and sometimes even on the same day. It’s not the fact that the work is hard; it’s actually pretty simple if you study the material, but the fact that the tests are around the same time is what makes it stressful. In order to deal with these getting everything completed on time, I do some things that relieve me of my stress.

For one, I write down what I need to do in a planner. I make a list of my classes and what I need to do in each. This helps me get a visual representation of my assignments and what I have and haven’t done. It makes it seem like there isn’t really that much that I have to do. As if I just thought about it, then I’d forget something and everything would be jumbled around in my head and it would stress me out even more. Therefore, making a list really chills me out and helps me stay organized.

Secondly, I like to talk to people about my problems, mostly my friends and family. This helps because they can give me clever advice and even help me study what I need to know. I can get someone else’s opinions which comforts my mind a little more than doing it all myself.

Another stress reliever for me is listening to music. Music always helps me through mostly everything. It calms me down, cheers me up, and makes me forget about everything I’m worried about. I actually realize that I am overreacting and stressing for no reason.

I also like showering when I’m stressed. It’s kind of weird, but if you think about it, showers are one of the most relaxing places. Since no one can come in or talk to you, you are alone and it is super peaceful. I like the feeling of the warm water and the noise the water makes when it hits the shower floor. It is a calming noise and I can really think about everything with no distractions.

Procrastination is the one thing that always gets me so stressed out. Basically, I’m stressed because of my choices –  which are not always that great. I always wait until the last second to do some of my assignments and it is the worst thing you can do to yourself. This year, though, I’ve been doing better and trying to do my work as soon as I receive it, instead of waiting until it is due. The sooner I get it done, the less I stress about it.

Lastly, I cry. I rarely cry when I am stressed just because it is normally not that bad of a situation. I try to not wait until the point where I have to cry, but sometimes I do. Nothing is wrong with crying; I think it’s a good way to get all of your emotions out and it can only make you stronger.

Overall, I’m stressed almost always and over time I have found ways to resolve all of my worries. These ways never seem to fail, no matter the situation.

Emily Glover, Managing Editor

Hi there(: I am a senior and this is my third year of being on the newspaper staff. I love doing nothing, but I also love doing something if you get what...