A hopeful 2017

There+are+many+things+to+look+forward+to+in+2017.+
There are many things to look forward to in 2017.

Bayleigh Swanton, Writer

For many, a new year means new opportunities, experiences and relationships. With 2016 coming to an end and 2017 just beginning, many are concerned about the new year. Most people begin the year with high expectations, but by the end of January some are discouraged because these expectations are not fulfilled. But have no fear. 2017 is a year that has many fantastic things in store, sure to boost your confidence in this new year.

2017 has some big changes and opportunities in store for America. Along with the inauguration of a new President, an American company plans to create over 100,000 jobs in the United States. Amazon, a company founded in Seattle, Washington, announced they have created a plan to provide over 100,000 full-time jobs over the next 18 months. Jobs that are planned to be provided are a wide variety of jobs open to people with many different backgrounds. While this is not the only opportunity for more jobs, America’s economy is looking up in 2017. America is not the only country that has plans to help benefit themselves, and the world around them.

China is one of the many countries working to make a difference this year. China is striving for a change in our environment and the species inhabiting it and has recently announced that they will be banning the trade of ivory to abolish the practice of poaching elephants. African elephants are a species facing extinction. While this is a challenging battle that has been on going for many years, this is one step that can be taken in order to preserve this species. While we are working to preserve this species, we are also making advances in technology.

Drones are something that have become very big during 2016 and have plans to become even bigger this new year. Two of the biggest companies in America are using these things to make the average life more convenient. Google and Amazon are partnering with local grocery stores, allowing online grocery shopping to become a common thing. With the use of drones, you will be able to receive your groceries right at your front door by just the click of a button, and come on, we all know how amazing that sounds.

These are just a few things that are done by man that will be taking action this year. 2017 has some great things to give that are not done by mankind, as well. While not having to leave your bed is truly a great feeling, you could miss out on some amazing things.

Nature is an amazing thing and is constantly giving us daily reminders of how beautiful life on earth is. How cool would it be to see one of the most fascinating things nature has to offer, like an extravagant solar eclipse. On Aug. 21, the south will be in the best place to see this event. It looks like we’re in luck. So invite some friends over on that summer day, order some pizza to be delivered with the new drones, and celebrate the beautiful year 2017 and everything it has to offer.