Freshman acts out in OCP

Tyler+Foreman+shows+off+her+fun+personality%2C+which+has+helped+her+be+successful+on+and+off+the+stage.++
Tyler Foreman shows off her fun personality, which has helped her be successful on and off the stage.

Autumn Rendall

Autumn Rendall

Autumn Rendall, Writer

The life of a thespian is one of both hard work and happiness. Putting on just one show is difficult, but being involved in a group that is consistently working on shows is quite demanding. If you’re freshman Tyler Foreman, however, you can handle these tasks with no problem at all. 

Foreman has been actively involved in the local theater group, Orange Community Players (OCP), for many years now and her love for theatre began at a young age. 

“My mom got me to do my first show awhile back,” Foreman said. “It was ‘Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat.’”

Foreman takes on many roles, literally, in Orange Community Players. From working on and off set, she does it all.

“Most of the time I’m either in shows or musicals,” Foreman said. “I do help backstage with the lights and tech. My mom wants me to be a productionist for our next show, which is really cool.” 

While theatre is important to Foreman, she lives an interesting life outside of this hobby.  

“I used to be a really big sports fan before theatre,” Foreman said. “Now I really like to draw a lot. What I really want to be in the future is an animator.” 

Even though her involvement with OCP is time-consuming, it is apparent Foreman enjoys what she does. 

“Practicing the show is really difficult, but performing is so worth it,” Foreman said. “It’s really great doing something that makes me so happy.” 

With all the busy nights and shared talents, Foreman said the OCP group is quite close. 

“Everyone helps out, even the actors and singers,” Foreman said. “Everyone I do theater with I think of as a family. I’ve been working with them for so long.”

The Orange Community Players are currently working on the production of “Leaving Iowa.” The group is also about to take on the show, “Red Velvet Cake War.” Foreman says auditions will open to all soon.