Faculty shows appreciation for students

LCM teachers give students fortune cookies to brighten their day.

Kayla Dean, Writer

Some students may feel that their teachers do not see how hard they work or how much it takes to accomplish the things that are asked of them, however, this is not the case for the students of LCM.

From fortune cookies to twitter shout-outs, teachers have been leaving little surprises for their beloved students over the past week.

“I think it is a great idea,” history teacher Rachel Hamerly said. “Everyone likes to be appreciated every once in a while and we want to show our students that we think we have the best students around.”

The idea was originally brought up by principal Todd Loupe, saying he wanted to show the students how much their hard work was paying off.

“He wanted to show appreciation for the student’s hard work so far this year,” Hamerly said. “He presented the idea to the Campus Climate Committee and we ran with it.”

After seeing all of the wonderful involvement from the student’s during homecoming, it left teachers in awe. From that point on, they started brainstorming on how to show their gratitude.

“After seeing how much fun and involved all of the students were with homecoming, we wanted to continue that same level of involvement,” Hamerly said. “We also wanted the students to know that we see how much effort they are putting into school morale so we thought we would take a minute to make sure the students know that we see all of that and acknowledge that.”

This effort did not go unnoticed by the students. For many, it was refreshing to students to feel like their teachers saw everything they had been doing for the school.

“It was nice to feel like the school was actually showing some interest in its students as people more than just an attendance number,” junior Hannah Sonnenberg said.

Overall, many felt the week was a success. It allowed teachers the chance to show their students how much they truly care about them.

“I like that we are taking this time to show appreciation for everything that we see our students doing,” Hamerly said.