Staff member dreams big

Sophomore+Emily+Glover+adores+watching+movies.+

Bailey Noah

Sophomore Emily Glover adores watching movies.

Emily Glover, Writer

Ever  since I was little, I have always wondered what it is like to be on an airplane and fly above all of the clouds. I still wonder what it is like to this day.

This may or may not be surprising, but I have never traveled on an airplane before. Even after all of the numerous trips my family and I have been on, we never left the ground – even a trip to Washington, D.C. My parents keep saying we will, but it never happens. We always end up driving, mostly because on our trips we like to stop at places and do things before reaching our actual destination. Seriously though, for once we could just go straight there but they always say driving is a more ‘scenic route.’ If I could fly anywhere, I’d probably want to travel to Italy.

Through pictures, Italy seems like a beautiful place. My dad actually lived there for two years in an apartment when he was in the Navy. Since real traditional pizza and pasta are two of my most favorite foods, Italy is already my type of place.

Besides the food, just being able to witness the astonishing architecture would be breathtaking. Some of the world’s greatest and finest structures are in Italy and if I could say I have been there, that would be such an honor.  Most of the buildings in Italy are ancient, such as the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the Colosseum, and the Florence Cathedral. I have always found older structures interesting, seeing as they didn’t have all of the technology to help build insanely tall buildings as they do today. That is just crazy to me.

Overall, flying on an airplane to the place that I dream of going would be something I’ll never forget. It would definitely be an experience of a lifetime.