New class officers elected

Junior, senior presidents reveal plans for year

Zoee Rogers, Writer/Photographer

Students recently had the privilege of electing class officers for the 2016-2017 school year. The contest was competitive, with creative signs and posters vying for attention in all the major halls. Each class learned the identities of their new officers Monday, Aug. 29. The winners are:

Seniors: President – Dalan Jones, Vice-President – Theresa Beckett, Secretary – Jaden Lewis, Treasurer – Connor Alexander

Juniors: President – Spencer Johns, Vice-President – Kayla Dominguez, Treasurer – Kaitlin Avery

Sophomores: President – Jordan Alexander, Vice-President – Ashten Higginbotham, Secretary – Rylee Locke, Treasurer – Rylie George

Freshmen: President – Elizabeth Johns, Vice-President – Jenna McCorvy, Treasurer – Julian Oceguera

Senior Class President Dalan Jones said he is passionate about bettering his future and helping his generation. He will work with Treasurer Connor Alexander to introduce LCM’s very first Interact Club. Jones said his goals as President include improving student participation in school events and activities through innovations like the Interact Club, setting a good example as a leader for his peers, and leaving a higher standard for the next generation.

“There is no greater gift you can give than your time,” Jones said. “I think being a class officer allows me to give my time in the best way possible, and that is serving my student body.”

Junior Class President Spencer Johns said he aims to be a helping hand wherever and whenever his class needs him. As far as plans and goals for this year, he believes that first and foremost, the job of Class President is being there for the people that elected him. For now, he said he does not plan on making any major changes.

“It feels really nice to be elected,” Johns said. “It gives you a grasp on how many great people you’re blessed to know.”

Zoee Rogers, Writer/Photographer

Hey, I'm a Leo (if you're familiar with the star signs ;) forever and always in love with the arts, especially Photography (my specialty :) and honesty...