Soccer Player Sets Goals for Senior Year

Senior+Carlee+Chaddrick+has+a+love+for+the+game+of+soccer.+

Photo courtesy of Carlee Chaddrick

Senior Carlee Chaddrick has a love for the game of soccer.

Sydney Pierce, Editor

From being in TAFE to cheering and tumbling, this senior is always on the go. One of the things she is most passionate about, though, is playing Lady Bear Varsity soccer.

Senior Carlee Chaddrick has been playing soccer for eight years and going into her third year to play in high school, she does her best to be a leader around her teammates.

“I try to be as encouraging as possible on and off the field,” Chaddrick said.

Chaddrick is currently involved in TAFE (Texas Association of Future Educators) and has also been an LCM cheerleader up until this year when she decided she wanted to focus on other things.

“I love playing soccer, tumbling, and singing,” she said.

According to Chaddrick, her favorite thing about soccer is being able to walk away from a field knowing that the ladies gave their all as a team. Even though they all have their differences and arguments Chaddrick said they are able to see past those things to get things done on the field.

“Being on a team is just like being a part of a family,” Chaddrick said.

Chaddrick said some of her favorite memories from being a Lady Bear are going and playing in the PN-G and Brenham tournaments and she also joyfully recalls the team dinners and the bus rides as some of her favorite memories.

“I absolutely love being a Lady Bear,” she said.

She said some of her best games to play in have been the ones against Bridge City because she knows a majority of the players on the team.

“Playing against them is always an advantage for the whole team because I can help my teammates know where the opponents are going,” Chaddrick said.

Going to playoffs is an evident goal for the varsity Lady Bears, who are constantly practicing and putting in work to advance. Chaddrick and her teammates stay motivated by their head coach, Cammie Palmer.

“She is an amazing coach and she goes into every year to teach us more than just the game of soccer, she teaches us how to have integrity and how the real world is,” she said. “I love Coach Palmer!”

Being a part of the Lady Bear Soccer team is something that Chaddrick said she cherishes and will never forget.

“Our team is just a giant group of uniquely, awkward people and it helps us fit together perfectly,” she said. “I love my team.”