Band Prepares for All-Region

Bailey Noah, PR Manager

Students from the LCM Battlin’ Bear Band will travel to Lumberton High School on Dec. 12 to try out for the TMEA All-Region Band. These students received three difficult pieces of music in late July and have been vigorously practicing since then.

LCM Assistant band director Jose Ochoa has a positive outlook for Saturday’s tryouts.

“I feel we have many students that have put in the time and practicing to earn an All Region Band spot,” Ochoa said. “I’m confident their hard work and time spent on the music will be rewarded this Saturday.”

Senior Sydney Pierce is a two-time region and area participant and said she feels extremely motivated to do well in her last audition.

“I’m very motivated for region not only because it’s my senior year, and I’ll never get to do it again, but because of the experience,” Pierce said. “Being All-Region band is something not a lot of people get to take part in.”

The students will compete against approximately 1,000 students from 20 different area schools, making it a very prestigious competition.

“Typically, the region tryout music is much harder than any other music our students will read,” Ochoa said. “Learning the music and competing in the audition in itself is an accomplishment because of how much extra time and skill it takes on behalf of the student. We are proud of all of the students that are trying out this weekend!”