Freshman Meets Television Stars

Freshman Darian Simmons hangs out with Peyton List.

Photo by Darian Simmons

Caitlyn Permenter and Marie Vezina

Freshman Darian Simmons doesn’t just watch her favorite celebrities on TV – she recently had the privilege to hang out with them, as well. This past Sunday, she traveled to the Rosa Hart Theater in Lake Charles, Louisiana with her family to experience Teen Stars Live, which is a meet-and-greet with various TV stars. Since it was her first time to meet a TV star, she said she had very mixed emotions.

“At first I was trying to be calm, then I got excited and nervous,” Simmons said.

Out of the five stars – Peyton List, Trinitee Stokes, Spencer Boldman, Karan Brar, and Noah Munck – her favorites were Peyton List and Noah Munck.

“Peyton List seemed really nice and she’s really pretty,” Simmons said. “Or Noah Munck because he played my favorite character on ICarly.”

Simmons said she saw each actor in a different light other than who they play on television and it changed the way she viewed them because she actually got to connect the actors with who they are instead of who they portray.

She also said all the actors were really nice and energetic throughout the show, which included question and answer sessions, games with the audience and singing.

“My favorite part was when they called some kids on stage and had a lip sync battle,” Simmons said.

Everyone who got VIP tickets (parents did not require them) received a bracelet and had to wait in separate lines to talk to each person. Once they reached first in line, they then got the opportunity to talk and take pictures with the stars. While waiting in line, Simmons discovered several fun facts about her favorite actors.

“Peyton List shops at Top Shop and Chanel,” Simmons said, “Spencer’s favorite restraunt in Texas is Chick-Fil-A and Karan Brar is taller than me.”