LCM to Battle Huffman for Playoff Spot

Isabella Grey

The team runs out in a united front and hypes up fans.

Lillie East, Photo Editor

This week is an exciting one for everyone involved in LCM Football. On Friday, the team will travel to Huffman High School to battle it out on the field for the last playoff spot. For the past three years, the Bears have managed to make it to the playoffs and head varsity football coach Randy Crouch said he and the team are excited about the chance to go again this year.

“We’ve been practicing really well, and we’re looking forward to Friday,” Crouch said. “We’ve progressed well all year and when you look at the goals we set, you realize that there are victories within each game, and hopefully that pays off.”

As the season has progressed, Crouch said some challenges have been introduced to the team, such as injuries and a young line-up.

“We have had new faces, and so we’ve had to rally together to bring people up,” he said. “One of our goals this year was to get young players to step up and gain experience. All-in-all, everyone has been willing to work, they’ve been meshing well together, and I’ve been very pleased with the effort.”

Going into the game this Friday, Crouch said he has made sure to take notice in the strengths and weaknesses of the Huffman team.

“Huffman has a fine team, with a very explosive offense,” Crouch said. “They can score from anywhere on the field. Defensively, they aren’t very serious. [But] they play well, and they coach well. They are a good team, so it’ll be a challenge.”

As for the Bears, Crouch has plenty of supportive and positive comments on the leadership of the team.

“The seniors have done a good job of stepping up,” he said.  “All of them have shown good leadership. Every week, the players have tried to do the best they can. We’ve played well and it’s been exciting this year. Whatever happens Friday, the team has represented LCM and the community very well.”