Lauren Cox Named Student of the Month

Senior+Lauren+Cox+is+named+the+Orange+Chamber+of+Commerce+Student+of+the+Month.+

L. Fruge

Senior Lauren Cox is named the Orange Chamber of Commerce Student of the Month.

Joshua Dunn, Writer

Senior Lauren Cox excels at everything she does. Whether its on the golf course or in school, Cox is trying her best to surpass everyone’s expectations and just last week, she was named the Orange Chamber of Commerce Student of the Month.

Cox juggles her extracurricular activities with her role on the golf team and also manages to give back to the community in her spare time.

“After school, I have golf practice everyday for three to four hours,” Cox said. “I am involved in NHS and Key Club, and through those organizations my friends and I do service work. I am also a part of the youth group at my church, NOBC.”

Cox has received a staggering amount of awards this past year alone and said she is very grateful for each of them. She was named The Beaumont Enterprise Super Gold Golfer of the Year, Girl Golfer of the Year and won the title of District Champion and Regional Champion.

She made the Texas Gold Association 1st Team All-State, she is an All-District student athlete, a UIL 4A State bronze medalist, and a Babe Didrikson Zaharias Player of the Year nominee. On top of all her hard work at golf, Cox is still a star student in the classroom.

According to Cox, she tries to stay as active as possible, participating in many school activities. Not only is she a member of the National Honor Society, but she holds a leadership position as the secretary. She is also a Bear Buddy to a 4th grader at LCI, a member of Key Club, and is currently in her fourth year of being part of the Lady Bear Golf team. Cox said she is focusing on winning the State golf tournament this year and then  plans on attending college to study business.

“High school flies by,” Cox said. “Make the most of it and work hard at everything you do.”