Teacher Tailgate to be Held on Friday

The+annual+Tailgate+with+the+Teachers+is+a+way+for+parents+to+meet+their+child%27s+teachers+in+a+fun+and+relaxed+way.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Teacher Tailgate to be Held on Friday

The annual Tailgate with the Teachers is a way for parents to meet their child's teachers in a fun and relaxed way.

L. Fruge

L. Fruge

L. Fruge

Valen Elliott, Clubs Editor

Parents of LCM High School students will get the opportunity to meet their children’s teachers this Friday at the third annual Tailgate with the Teachers, which will be held from 5:30 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. in Bear Park, right outside Battlin’ Bear Stadium.

This tailgate was originally created to increase parental involvement by having an open house in a more festive format, according to LCM Activity Director Stacey Smith. It is also a way for the families of students to get to know the teachers who spend so much time throughout the year with their child.  Each department sets up tables in a specific area of Bear Park and parents are encouraged to go around and visit with their child’s assigned teachers.

“As a teacher, it’s always nice to talk with parents and brag on how their child is doing in my class,” teacher Lindsey Fruge said. “It’s also the perfect setting for both parents and teachers to relax, grab a bite to eat and have fun before the big game that night.”

According to Smith, even though this is a somewhat new tradition, the turnout has improved tremendously every year and the staff expects nothing less on Friday.  

There are also several other activities happening on Friday to kick off LCM’s first district football game against Hardin-Jefferson, which will take place at 7:30 p.m. at the LCM stadium. Parents can attend the pep rally at 3:20 in the competition gym and head across the parking lot to the Honey Bear Booster BBQ, which will be held from 4:00 until 7:30 p.m.

This is the perfect way to kick off a night of high school football and support all of the students involved in the evening’s festivities,” Fruge said. “I would encourage all parents to come out to Bear Park on Friday.”

Valen Elliott, Editor

I'm a senior and serve as the editor of the newspaper! I am drum major in the LCM Marching Band and also play the flute. I love spending time with family...