“The Longest Ride” is a Must-See

The+Longest+Ride+is+currently+showing+in+theaters.+

Photo, courtesy of nicholassparks.com

“The Longest Ride” is currently showing in theaters.

Valen Elliott, Writer

“The Longest Ride” opened in theaters around the nation on April 10, and in my opinion was one of the best romance movies in a while. You will laugh, cry, and be truly touched by this movie. From a cowboy entering a sorority house and being drooled over to the loss of a main character, the movie includes so much.

Based on the bestselling novel by romance novelist Nicholas Sparks, the movie centers on a new love between Luke (Scott Eastwood), an injured champion bull rider looking to make his comeback, and Sophia (Britt Robertson), a college student who is about to start her job in New York City in the world of art. Sophia and Luke make an unexpected connection with Ira (Jack Huston) on their first date, whose memories of his romance with his wife inspire the young couple. There are many highs and lows to the story as Sophia and Luke’s relationship has many bumps on the road. The story of two great loves, from different generations, is intertwined into an inspiring movie.

Many people find the movies (based on Nicolas Spark’s books) are for hopeless romantics but “The Longest Ride” proved that to be wrong. It showed not only how wonderful love can be but the many struggles true love faces, which is very relatable. This movie is one that any romantic fan won’t want to miss.