Bear of the Week: Evan Landry

Senior+Evan+Landry+recently+won+the+District+UIL+Computer+Science+competition+and+will+compete+at+Regionals+later+this+month.+

Senior Evan Landry recently won the District UIL Computer Science competition and will compete at Regionals later this month.

Savannah Crabtree, Editor

Senior Evan Landry is an active individual, both inside and outside of school. He plays baseball, serves as the National Honor Society’s president, competes in UIL Computer Science, and serves as a member of his church’s youth group at Saint Francis in Orange. His favorites hobbies are playing video games and baseball. His goals for the future are to graduate with a major in Computer Science and get a job at a major company, such as Google.

According to Landry, his older sister is his biggest inspiration.

“My older sister always pushes me to do my best and she is also very successful so I want to be like her,” Landry said. “Seeing her succeed makes me want to follow her path to success.”

Landry’s favorite quote is, “Do not worry about what others think; care what you think of yourself,” by Debasish Mridha. His favorite class at LCM is Computer Science 4 because he thinks it is a fun and easy class with an awesome teacher. He is proud that he advanced to Regional UIL in Computer Science and had a combined no-hitter this year. Something that people may not know about Landry is that he can solve a Rubik’s cube.

According to Computer Science teacher Terry Morris, Landry is an exceptional student.

“He always goes above and beyond,” Morris said. “I could only characterize him as selfless. He donated his time to run the scoreboard at every home football game this year. He is very determined. He joined my UIL Computer Science team this year, as a senior, and won first place at the District UIL Meet. Evan continues to impress me and will make a great Bear of the Week.”