Bear of the Week: Claire Jowell

Freshman+Claire+Jowell+works+hard+inside+and+outside+of+the+classroom.+

Gabriell Moore

Freshman Claire Jowell works hard inside and outside of the classroom.

Camille Kelly, Managing Editor

Freshman Claire Jowell “knows how to juggle” her many responsibilities, such as playing the clarinet in the symphonic band and maintaining an all-A average this year. In her free time, she enjoys spending time at the mall with her mom and going to the movies with her family.

Her greatest inspiration is junior Gabrielle Moore, because of her determination. Jowell herself is determined and tends to overthink things, which is why her favorite quote is “don’t sweat the small stuff.”

After graduation, she aspires to attend college, major in architecture, and one day move to a big city to follow her dreams. Jowell said her mom always motivates her, pushing her to do her best and try new things.

Her favorite class is hospitality because she finds both the class and her teacher fun and interesting.

Although she may be quiet around people she has only just met, Jowell said that once someone gets to know her, she is a funny and decidedly outgoing individual.

“Claire is intelligent and determined,” English I teacher Taylor Brint said. “She always strives to do her best and cares about every small detail of her work. Claire won’t turn anything in without triple checking that she has completed it to the best of her ability. She is dedicated to her schoolwork and kind to everyone she is around.”