Students inducted into National Honor Society

New+National+Honor+Society+inductees+promise+to+uphold+the+standard+of+National+Honor+Society.+

Kiera Howington

New National Honor Society inductees promise to uphold the standard of National Honor Society.

Kiera Howington, Writer

The high school inducted the largest group of new members into the National Honor Society last night. Over 50 students were inducted into the school’s chapter. These students have worked hard to reach this point and achieve this goal. The students must meet certain requirements in order to be chosen for NHS. 

Courmier, who teaches history at the high school, has been the NHS sponsor for the past two years. Math teacher Brianna Davis is also a sponsor. 

“Students who are inducted to Honor Society must have a 4.7 GPA, have little to no discipline problems, and no major issues with attendance,” Courmier said. “Students’ names are then put before a committee of teachers who discuss the students and then they vote on if the student should be inducted.” 

Courmier said she chose to be a sponsor for this organization because of the students.

Current president and senior Evan Landry has some advice for the new members who were inducted last night. 

“Stay involved,” Landry said. “Look for service projects to do, become a part of the community and learn what it means to be in NHS. Serve your community and you will be rewarded for your hard work.”