Cheer to host clinic

The+annual+cheer+clinic+will+be+held+this+evening.+

Miranda Keltz

The annual cheer clinic will be held this evening.

Gabrielle Moore, Writer

The high school cheerleaders will host a cheer clinic today from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the LCM High School gym. Registration is $40 prior to the day of the clinic and $45 for on-site registration. Registration will begin at 5 p.m. the day of the clinic and is open to girls from Pre-K through 6th grade. 

Those who attend the clinic will get to meet and interact with the high school cheerleaders and mascots. They will learn cheers, chants, jumps, and stunts. The clinic attendees will perform during the third quarter of the LCM High School Homecoming football game on Friday, Sept. 30.  

“The purpose of the clinic is to show young athletes what cheerleading is all about, and hopefully inspire them to become cheerleaders one day,” senior head cheerleader Paige Brown said. “I’m so excited to see how many kids show up this year. We had a big turnout last year, and I believe the number of kids will continue to increase, especially with the momentum from our successful football team.”  

After a long afternoon of working on their routine, those who attend the clinic will perform for their parents at 8 p.m., and parents will need to arrive for pickup by 8 p.m. The girls are encouraged to dress comfortably and wear tennis shoes. Snacks will be provided. 

“I love working with kids who have the same love for cheer that I do,” Brown said. I also think having fun with the students helps remind the team why we became cheerleaders. It’s cool to see how I was once in their shoes, wanting to be a cheerleader, but now I’m helping with the clinic. I hope the cheer clinic inspires students who want to be cheerleaders in the future to start working hard now and develop a love and passion for cheerleading.”