Bear of the Week: Gabriel White

Sophomore+Gabriel+White+was+nominated+for+Bear+of+the+Week+because+of+his+positive+attitude+and+kindness+toward+others.+

Miranda Keltz

Sophomore Gabriel White was nominated for Bear of the Week because of his positive attitude and kindness toward others.

Sophomore Gabriel White is in athletics and attends The Music Studio in Beaumont for guitar lessons. He said he looks up to and admires his dad.

“He always pushes me to be the best version of myself I can be,” White said. “He is thoughtful, generous, and hard working. I attribute much of who I am as a person to my dad. He also has the most awesome sense of humor. He’s the best.”

White said he wants to be the kind of person who everyone considers to be a friend. He also hopes to inch toward his best self every single day.

His favorite quote is, “One day your life will flash before your eyes; make sure it’s worth watching.”

“This quote reminds me to always live life to the fullest,” he said.

In the future, White would like to graduate high school and then attend aviation school to become a pilot. One of his favorite things to do is attend and watch Supercross races. He also loves music, especially 80s and 90s rock and old country.

“You can’t beat Johnny Cash,” he said.

In his free time, White said he enjoys hanging out with friends and family, taking trips to West Texas with his dad to their deer lease, and playing guitar and Xbox.

His favorite class this year has been 10th grade English with Mrs. Fruge.

“She really makes her class interesting and fun,” he said.

According to high school paraprofessional Kay Wallace, White is always helpful to everyone he meets.

“He is a hard worker and is very kind to everyone,” she said. “He is very attentive to other’s needs, and he is a real gentleman.”