Bear of the Week: Anna Claire McKenzie

Freshman+Anna+Claire+mcKenzie+wants+to+go+into+education+one+day.+

Rayna Christy

Freshman Anna Claire mcKenzie wants to go into education one day.

Savannah Crabtree, Writer

Freshman Anna Claire McKenzie is involved in several activities, including cheer, volleyball, Student Council, and Key Club. She is also the freshmen class president. She said she strives to be the type of person that makes others smile and she always makes it a priority to make a positive impact on everyone she meets.

Some of her goals for the future are attending Texas A&M to get a bachelors degree in education, as well as a masters in administration. Her biggest goal is to be a light in a child’s day, and to be an encouragement for their education. 

According to McKenzie, she looks up to her parents because they are a pure example of what it looks like to be a disciple for Jesus.  

“My parents are such a big influence on my life because they constantly encourage me to follow my dreams and have fun along the way,” McKenzie said. “They have always taught me to do for one what I wish I could do for all.” 

McKenzie’s favorite quote is, “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself,” by Coco Chanel. 

In her free time, McKenzie loves to hang out with her family and friends, go shopping, and get her nails done. The most important thing in her life is her relationship with the Lord. She strives to live every day to glorify him.

Her favorite class to take at LCM has been Jennifer Seago’s Principles of Human Services class because she enjoys learning in her class and feels that the class has been setting her up for a bright future. 

According to cheer coach Carlie Fults, McKenzie is a one-of-a-kind student.

“She makes everyone’s day better and brighter with just a smile,” Fults said. “Anna Claire is a model student, goes above and beyond for all athletic events, clubs, and extracurricular activities. Anyone who crosses paths with her will know how wonderful she is in a matter of a few seconds.”