Bear of the Week: Jimena Solis

Senior+Jimena+Solis+is+a+lieutenant+for+the+Honey+Bear+drill+team.+

LeAnn Rodgers

Senior Jimena Solis is a lieutenant for the Honey Bear drill team.

Savannah Crabtree, Writer

Senior Jimena Solis is involved in many activities, including Interact Club and yearbook. She is also a lieutenant for the Honey Bear drill team. Outside of school, she is a part of her church youth group. She strives to be the type of person that others can look up to, talk to, and trust. Some of her goals for the future are to attend Lamar University, get a bachelors in biology, apply to a vet school at LSU, and graduate with a DVM license.  

According to Solis, she looks up to her sister because her sister was the first to attend and complete college out of her family. 

“No matter what, she has never given up and is always wanting to do the best at whatever she does,” Solis said. “She also cares for us like my mom does and tries to give us the best and I know it’s not always easy.” 

Solis’ favorite quote is, “You must be the change you want to see in the world,” because it is impossible to make others act differently but you can do it yourself to make a difference.  

In her free time, Solis likes to spend time with friends and family or cuddle with her weenie dog and watch Netflix. Her favorite movie is “The Princess & the Frog,” and her favorite books are anything about true crime. Her favorite tv show is “Criminal Minds.” Some of the most important things in her life are her dog, friends, family, and her boyfriend. Her favorite class to take at LCM has been Mr. Coleman’s livestock class because of how he makes the class feel involved and how it is fun to watch him learn with the class at the same time. 

“Jimena is extremely hardworking,” drill team sponsor Mikayla Wappler said. “She gives 100 percent at all drill team practices. She is a great and supportive leader to her peers.”

According to Solis’ livestock teacher, Nicholas Coleman, she is a great student and a hard worker.

“She is also an engaged and curious learner,” he said. “She is constantly asking questions to grow her understanding of animals and veterinary science. Those things have made Jimena the kind of student that it has been a pleasure to have in class and get to know over the past three years.”