Bear of the Week: Keylie Washburn

Freshman+Keylie+Washburn+is+a+leader+in+the+classroom+and+on+the+basketball+court.+

Aaliyah LeCompte

Freshman Keylie Washburn is a leader in the classroom and on the basketball court.

LCM Bear Facts Staff

Freshman Keylie Washburn plays varsity basketball and also plays both school and select softball. She said she looks up to her mom and Zendaya.

“I look up to my mom the most because she inspires me to be a better person,” Washburn said. “I admire Zendaya because of how she does her own thing.”

Washburn said she aims to be the kind of person that others wish to be like, but also as someone who can be confident about anything. Her favorite quote is, “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself,” by Franklin D. Roosevelt.

“I love this quote because it tells me that we have the ability to do anything, but fear gets in the way of that,” Washburn said.

In her free time, Washburn likes to watch movies, play with her dog, and play games with her mom. She said God is very important to her, as well as her family and friends.

This year, her favorite classes are geometry and engineering because she likes to think outside the box and she is a math person.

“Not only is Keylie great on the court, but she also gives her best at whatever she is attempting,” head girls basketball coach Eddie Michalko said. “She displays great sportsmanship with whoever she goes against almost to a fault. Keylie is one of those people that you want to be around because she does not complain and whine when things don’t go well. Keylie is leading the Lady Bears in scoring this year and typifies the LCM student athlete.”