Honey Bears to host Pink Out Clinic

The+Honey+Bears%2C+pictured+here+after+the+community+pep+rally%2C+are+gearing+up+for+their+clinic+on+Oct.+9.+

The Honey Bears, pictured here after the community pep rally, are gearing up for their clinic on Oct. 9.

Camille Kelly, Writer

The Honey Bears will host a Pink Out Clinic for girls in Pre-K through 5th grade on Saturday, Oct. 9 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the high school gym. The cost of registration is $40 for those who pay ahead of time and $45 for those who pay the day of the clinic. 

“This event helps raise money for our competitions and it allows the Honey Bears to share their joy of dancing with others,” drill team director Mikayla Wappler said. “We hope more girls will join.”

We hope to leave these girls with a fun dance experience.

— Mikayla Wappler

The girls who sign up will participate in one day of the clinic and will also perform a dance during halftime at the home football game on Oct. 15. The game begins at 7 p.m. and girls must meet in the drill team room at 5:30 p.m. Participants will receive a personalized t-shirt on the day of the performance. Sign-up forms are due Oct. 1 and must be turned into the high school office.  

Girls are encouraged to dress comfortably and wear tennis or jazz shoes. Wappler said they will learn the school fight song, alma mater, and a short field routine.  

“We hope to leave these girls with a fun dance experience,” Wappler said.