Getting to know soccer coach Lauren Martin

Lauren+Martin+graduated+from+LCM+in+2011.+

LeAnn

Lauren Martin graduated from LCM in 2011.

LeAnn Rodgers, Writer

Among the new faces at LCM this year is history teacher and soccer coach Lauren Martin. Though she may be a new face for some, she is no stranger to the district, as she graduated from LCM in 2011.

Before teaching at LCM, Martin taught at Bridge City Middle School for one year and Bridge City High School for two years. She currently teaches World History and World Geography and is the varsity girls soccer coach, as well as the freshmen volleyball coach.

“I tell everyone all the time that it is surreal to be back teaching and coaching where I went to school,” Martin said. “I am very excited to be back home and am thrilled to be a Bear again!”

In high school, Martin played varsity soccer for three years and is enthusiastic about coaching the soccer girls this year. She is also excited about getting the chance to educate and inspire her students in the classroom.

“I love seeing when kids truly understand what is being taught,” Martin said. “You can see when the light bulb turns on in their mind and they really understand what the lesson was about.”

According to Martin, there were many people who inspired her to be a teacher: Jane Dunn, her Chemistry and Dual credit Chemistry teacher, Cammie Palmer, her Spanish II teacher and Varsity Soccer Coach, and Marilyn Ball, her 4th grade teacher.

“I had amazing teachers and coaches that inspired me and helped motivate me to be the best I could be in the classroom and on the court/field/track,” Martin said. “The fact that I can do the same thing and hopefully inspire this generation is awesome to me.”