Interact makes dog blankets for local shelters

Members+of+Interact+recently+made+blankets+for+local+dog+shelters.+

Photo courtesy of Interact Club

Members of Interact recently made blankets for local dog shelters.

Jadyn Stack, Writer

The LCM Interact Club is a community service club at the school that works alongside the Orange County Rotary club. The club does multiple service projects throughout the year, but one of the largest projects they participate in is a dog blanket donation project. The purpose of this project is for club members, students, and officers to make blankets for the animals in local dog shelters. The dog blankets are made to be placed in the dogs’ crates and to keep them warm during the colder winter season. 

“We’re very grateful, it definitely couldn’t have been done without the help we received,” officer Caitlin Woods said. “The six officers couldn’t have done it by ourselves.” 

The dog blankets made by the students will go to dogs in local shelters in need. The dog blankets were delivered to the Humane Society of South east Texas in Beaumont. Any extra blankets not needed by the Humane Society will be distributed to shelters around the local area. The blankets are given to dogs kept in crates while awaiting their future homes. 

“They are animals that don’t have a home,” Interact sponsor Jeannie Alexander said. “It’s nice to at least make their crates more comfortable until they find a home.”  

Interact members are always welcoming new students into the club and love to help connect students to service. All students involved in the club are given the opportunity to put service above self and help the community where it is needed.  

“I’d say to definitely get involved with service projects,” officer Presley Alexander said. “[Service projects] always make me feel good, like I actually helped someone rather than thinking of myself.”