Seniors crowned king and queen

Seniors+Monterey+Valladares+and+Rachel+Belcher+were+crowned+king+and+queen+at+the+Winter+Formal.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Seniors crowned king and queen

Seniors Monterey Valladares and Rachel Belcher were crowned king and queen at the Winter Formal.

Emily Glover, Managing Editor

Earlier this month, the Interact Club held the school’s first Winter Formal dance. The formal included a court in which seniors Monterey Valladares and Rachel Belcher were honored in receiving the title of Winter Formal King and Queen.

Valladares and Belcher said they are both extremely grateful to be awarded with this recognition. According to the seniors, the two felt that they were not in any way more deserving than the many other great people on court, but were just overall fulfilled to be a part of something so special and joyous as Winter Formal.

“I don’t really feel like I ‘deserved’ to be crowned King,” Valladares said. “I’m just super thankful my peers thought highly enough of me.”

The outcome of the formal went above and beyond Valladares’ and Belcher’s prediction. The two had a blast throughout the night while taking silly pictures with their friends, tearing it up on the dance floor, and making some of the best memories that they’ll never forget.

“Winter Formal exceeded my expectations,” Belcher said. “I’m so happy Interact hosted the dance to raise money for the water project.”

Although the two were not anticipating or awaiting the results, they made sure to make the most out of their first and last Winter Formal dance. They both shared the wonderful opportunity of being nominated alongside the other students.

“Winter Formal was really fun – more fun than I ever expected it to be,” Valladares said. “I really was the last person who I thought would ever win, so as I heard my name being announced as the winner, the first thing that ran across my mind was to not look stupid.”

Emily Glover, Managing Editor

Hi there(: I am a senior and this is my third year of being on the newspaper staff. I love doing nothing, but I also love doing something if you get what...