Junior lands modeling gig

Junior+Julian+Oceguera+recently+started+working+as+a+part-time+model.+

firstmodelshouston.com

Junior Julian Oceguera recently started working as a part-time model.

Emily Day, Writer

Junior Julian Oceguera recently started modeling for First Models and Talent Agency Houston. Oceguera said he has not always wanted to model, but growing up he always loved clothing and fashion, and that is what led to his desire to model. 

“I had submitted to a bunch of agencies over the summer, but I signed a contract with First Models on August 14,” Oceguera said. 

This past summer, Oceguera sent in a submission containing a few pictures and told the company a little about himself in order to get the job. His first photo shoot was Sept. 14. 

“Getting my pictures back was very surreal to me,” Oceguera said. “It was kinda hard to believe it was actually me, being covered up in makeup and all. But it was awesome getting to see myself in a different light with the variety of ways the artist portrayed me. It was almost like acting out different characters or roles.” 

Oceguera said even though he enjoys the beauty of modeling, it is about more than just looks.

“Modeling is also composed of art in many different ways,” he said. “You can find creative expression everywhere.”

It can be easy for students to get lost in the chaos of their busy lives, especially those who are involved in many extracurricular activities. For Oceguera, this is not the case.

“Balancing my normal life with modeling is very manageable,” he said. “I was blessed to find an agent that understands my work and school schedule. Sure, I miss a few days here and there but it’s worth it in the end.”