Zach Casey chosen for Star Student

Senior+Zach+Casey+is+a+drum+major+for+the+Battlin+Bear+Band+and+a+leader+among+his+peers.+

Senior Zach Casey is a drum major for the Battlin’ Bear Band and a leader among his peers.

Rylee LeVasseur, Writer

Senior Zach Casey was chosen for the 12News Star Student of the Week for his commendable character and outstanding leadership.

The 12News Star Student of the Week is chosen through nominations by teachers based off of a student’s character and work ethic. Casey was nominated and chosen for his positivity and involvement in extracurricular activities such as band, National Honors Society, and Key Club. Casey has had a large impact on the school community, and on those close to him.

“I hope to portray an image of confidence and positivity,” Casey said. “I hope to inspire others to be their best.”

Casey acts as a drum major in band, and has earned this position of leadership through his work ethic. Band director Jose Ochoa explained that though Casey is very involved in many after school activities, he is always working hard to make sure everything runs smoothly.

“He also puts the needs of the program above his own needs,” Ochoa said. “Zach is a great example to all of our students.”

After he graduates, Casey plans to attend Texas Tech for a double degree in business and architecture. He explained that throughout his years of high school, he has learned to enjoy the small things, because they won’t last forever.

“He has definitely left a lasting impression that we all admire,” Ochoa said.