Teacher plans trip to London

Erin+Tarver+stands+in+front+of+the+Brandenburg+Gate+in+Berlin%2C+Germany.+

Photo courtesy of Erin Tarver.

Erin Tarver stands in front of the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin, Germany.

Emily Day, Writer

English teacher Erin Tarver will be chaperoning a group of students on an overseas trip to Europe this summer. As of right now, six students plan on making this trip; however, more can join if they would like.

This past week, Tarver took a quick trip to Berlin. While there, she got to see the Berlin Wall, Brandenburg gate, Potsdam, and Humboldt University, where the Nazi book burning was held.

“I’ve never worked with this company before, and I’ve certainly never sponsored a trip before either,” Tarver said. “This was a training tour. It allowed me to experience what a trip would be like as a student. Each day, we would have two hours of training where Education First representatives would answer any questions for us. After the training, we would have a tour guide take us around and show us some sights around Berlin. Based on these experiences, I was able to understand what traveling would be like for the students.”

Tarver and the group of students traveling with her are going to London, England. They will able to see Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, Piccadilly Circus, St. Paul’s Cathedral, Westminster Abbey, and Buckingham Palace.

“I binge watched The Crown over the summer,” Tarver said. “So, I’m pretty excited to revisit some of those historical landmarks. When I was over there several years ago, I became obsessed with these ice creams they call 99s. It’s, essentially, just a vanilla ice cream cone, but it has a stick of chocolate called a Flake. It’s this brittle, crumbly chocolate that tastes amazing. I haven’t been able to find it in the States. I can’t wait until I can go back and try it.”

The group will take their trip in the middle of June, but students can see Tarver for more specific information.

“So far, I have six students traveling with me,” she said. However, it’s not too late to sign up. If anyone is interested, they should see me to sign up or go to https.//www.eftours.com/tour-website/2056776MR. If there are any questions, you can email me at [email protected].”