Be someone who makes you happy

Senior impacts others by showing school spirit

Senior+Jackson+Baeza+is+well+known+for+his+school+spirit+and+outgoing+personality.+

Trinity Norwood

Senior Jackson Baeza is well known for his school spirit and outgoing personality.

Emily Glover, Managing Editor

School itself can cause so many unique emotions and opinions for every individual who attends. While most may not have such positive feelings, senior Jackson Baeza chooses to be optimistic. He hopes to make an impact on the school for the better by focusing on doing things he takes pleasure in, owning it, then hoping that will have a compelling effect on others.

Baeza has strong ambitions for providing the most adequate leadership, and school pride that he can for the student body throughout his last year of high school. He has succeeded in these goals by being very much involved in the Grizzly Crew, Quiz Bowl Team, and UIL Academics.

“The things I’m involved in, I want the younger students to look at me and think, ‘this guy was a reason to love what I do’,” Baeza said. “I want students to find what they enjoy, pursue it, and love it. I hope that I send the message of when someone participates in school and has a love for doing it, that that is what makes other people want to love it too. You love your school when you’re taking part in it, and that’s what people should have: Bear pride. Go Bears!”

Along with his engagement with the student section every Friday night among the Grizzly Crew, Baeza additionally takes on the task of being the announcer at the pep rallies every Friday. He also recently auditioned and became the narrator for the band in which he will now join them in their various competitions. Baeza takes on the lead of being captain of the Grizzly Crew, Quiz Bowl Team and the Literary Criticism team. He is also currently partaking in his second year of being a member of the National Honor Society.

“When you have people that want to give their best in what they do, it creates a school of pride,” Baeza said. “When you have all of these things that people love and are great, then you have happiness, and I think that’s beautiful. To me there is nothing likeĀ  doing the pep-rallies, or being up there in front of the entire student section. Just seeing all of those people who come out, love and support our school. They don’t necessarily have to love each other, but they love our school and that’s why people go out there, because they enjoy it.”

If it were not for Baeza’s past and current teachers being so advantageous, he would not be where he is at today. He has definitely shown to of held a tight bond with his teachers. They have given him the confidence and overall belief he had felt he once lacked.

“The way that they believed and thought very highly of me, really gaged my opinions better than I did at the time,” Baeza said. “They made me believe in my own merit, helped me to become outgoing, to talk in front of people, and to trust in my own opinion because they trusted in me. They have all allowed me to partake in all of the things I do and enjoy myself while doing it. The attitudes and atmospheres they have created has just been something that I’ve loved, which has really made a difference and will make an impact throughout the rest of my life.”

Baeza believes his best quality is being very well-rounded in many aspects, in which he feels makes him a strong, passionate, dedicated leader in the things he cherishes the most. As a communicative person, he feels this gives him the ability to stand up when he needs to, to hold people accountable, and help his team in any way needed.

“I feel like right now in the world we lack people that love what they do,” Baeza said. “I feel like you’re becoming underdeveloped as a person if you aren’t actively going out and seeking the things you love. Enjoy and love what you are doing. Whatever that is, as long as you enjoy it, do it.”