Cheer clinic to be held Saturday

Emily Glover, Managing Editor

The high school cheerleaders are hosting their annual cheer clinic this Saturday, Sept. 15 at the high school gym for girls in Pre-K through the sixth grade. Students will have the opportunity to interact with the cheerleaders and mascots. They will also learn chants, stunts and three different types of cheers in which one they will perform a stunt in.

The cost of registration will be $40, which includes a t-shirt for the child. The students will need to be at the gym by 9 a.m. for registration and will need to be picked up by 11:45 a.m. At 11:30 a.m, the parents are invited to go and watch their children show off what they have learned. The girls should dress comfortably and wear tennis shoes. Snacks will also be provided.

“This is a very fun event each year that all of the younger students really enjoy and cannot wait to attend,” cheer sponsor Brandy Cricchio said. “They look up to all of the cheerleaders and get excited to see, learn and perform with all of them.”

Everyone who attends will be able to perform their newly acquired skills on the track during the third quarter of the LCM Homecoming game, Friday, Sept. 21. Participants will need to meet in the LC-M gym at 6 p.m. They will need to be dressed in their clinic t-shirt with black or denim shorts and tennis shoes. The shirts will be ordered and available for pick up before the game. The admission for the girls is free, but parents must buy a ticket. Parents should pick up their child directly after their performance near the concession stand.

“I want them to gain self confidence and school spirit, but most of all I want them to have a great time and enjoy learning from the high school cheerleaders,” Cricchio said.

If a parent is interested in purchasing a clinic shirt, they will need to add $12 to their payment for shirts up to adult large and $14 for larger sizes. Forms may be turned in to the front office of LCMHS or at the child’s school. Checks will be payable to LCM Cheer. Additional forms and information is located on the LCM cheer page on the school website.

“I love seeing all of the younger kids getting excited about cheer,” Cricchio said. “I enjoy watching them learn the cheers, jumps and especially how excited they get to be able to do stunts with the big cheerleaders.”