Bear of the Week: Corey Villa

Freshman+Corey+Villa+enjoys+being+the+center+of+attention+and+bringing+a+smile+to+peoples+faces.+

Trinity Norwood

Freshman Corey Villa enjoys being the center of attention and bringing a smile to people’s faces.

Brice Sylestine, Writer

Freshman Corey Villa is involved in Choir and Computer Science and plans on trying out for Theatre Productions and taking Art later in high school. He’s always wanted to get into Culinary Arts because he believes cooking is fun and doing it for others sounds even better. He is passionate about his talents in art and music, and his humorous ways.

“I’m somewhat proud to say that everything I can do can bring smiles to people,” Villa said.

According to Villa, being the center of attention motivates him and he will do whatever to make people smile, laugh, and just bring joy to everyone. Out of books, movies, or TV shows, TV shows are Villa’s favorite. He likes binge watching his favorite shows every night. His favorite book is “Small Steps” by Louis Sachar, his favorite movie is “Wreck-it Ralph,” and his favorite TV show has always been “iCarly.”

Villa’s favorite color is orange. He says it is the only color that fits him and it goes great with gray, blue, white, and a lot of other colors. If he were stranded on an island, he would bring his phone and internet.

“If I’m not going to live with people, I’m not going to live without the internet,” Villa said.

His favorite quote is, “Never stop fighting for what you believe in,” by Ana Amari, Overwatch (2017). If he could travel anywhere in the world, he would visit his best friend Jason in Maryland. According to Villa, Jason has always had his back.

In Villa’s free time, he talks to friends, draws art, and plays video games. He puts his friends first and says he wouldn’t be anywhere without them.

“It doesn’t seem like much, but being Bear of the Week means a lot,” Villa said. “I love LCM and everyone in it. I wouldn’t be the same person without everyone.”

I love LCM and everyone in it. I wouldn’t be the same person without everyone.

— Corey Villa