Bear of the Week: Tyrese Heard

Senior+Tyrese+Heard+is+a+member+of+the+varsity+basketball+team.+

Trinity Norwood

Senior Tyrese Heard is a member of the varsity basketball team.

Grace Tally, Writer

Senior Tyrese Heard is a varsity basketball player and has played at that level for two years. In his spare time, he enjoys hanging out with friends and riding his dirt bike. Heard said if he were stranded on an abandoned island, he would take a TV so he could play video games. He would also take his best friend, Davient Teate, and some orange seeds so he could grow as many oranges as he wanted.

Heard’s favorite quote is, “You got a dream…you gotta protect it. People can’t do somethin’ themselves; they wanna tell you you can’t do it. If you want somethin’, go get it. Period.” (from “The Pursuit of Happiness). If he could travel back in time, he would watch Michael Jordan’s first-ever championship game in 1991.

When he was younger, Heard looked up to his mother because she pushed and motivated him to be his best. His ultimate dream job would be a traveling doctor so he could help people all over the world. He also dreams of one day being a coach so he can impact kids lives in a positive way and help them improve in the sport they love.

If Heard could travel anywhere in the world, he would visit Dubai because of the beautiful beaches and crystal clear waters. When looking back on some of his favorite moments, Heard recalls when he was a student at WOS and the Mustangs played LCM in a basketball game. The Mustangs thought the game was over for them, but then Heard made the game-winning 3-pointer, which taught him to never give up.