Writer makes memories while traveling

Karly Ray, Writer

Whether it’s flying on an airplane or riding in a car, I always love traveling and the journey to get to my next destination. Traveling is a great way to make memories with my family and experience new things.

I’ve been on a few cruises that went to Mexico, Jamaica, and the Cayman Islands. One of the many things I like about going on cruises is getting to see new places and attend different excursions while I’m there. I also enjoy meeting new people and making friends during my vacation on the ship. There are also a lot of activities to attend on the ship that are pretty fun.

One of my favorite experiences while traveling was getting to stand in a small pool that had turtles for people to hold. I got to pick up one and take a picture with it. I also got the chance to swim with a dolphin and swim in an awesome underwater cave.

One of the best parts of traveling to different countries and states is getting to see the various cultures and dynamics of each place. I always enjoy getting to eat at new restaurants and visit different beaches.

I also enjoy going on mission trips. I’ve only been on one, but I hope to go on more in the future. I once went with my church youth group on a mission trip to Tennessee. Not only did we get to visit several places within the state, but we also got to help people. We even got to do crafts and games with the children who lived there. While there, I also met new people from other youth groups. It was a great experience and I hope to one day go on another mission trip.

Last Thanksgiving break, my family and I went to New York to visit my uncle. We flew on an airplane to get there and back and the view from the sky was amazing. While making a stop in Maryland, we got to see some of the scenic spots along the way and we also got to stop in Washington, D.C. to go through several museums. While on this scenic drive, we got to see some of the most beautiful mountains and cities.

I’ve also been to Disney World in Florida at least 14 or 15 times and consider it to be one of the best vacation spots. We used to go once every year, but now we just go when convenient, so it’s been over a year since we last went. The park can be very crowded at times, but overall it’s really fun. The four parks at Disney World have different themes, but the rides are all usually based on something that’s Disney related. Some of of the best rides I’ve been on are Expedition Everest, Space Mountain, Tower of Terror, Haunted Mansion, and DINOSAUR.

I’ve traveled to more places and had other experiences, but these are just a few. I hope to travel to many new places in the future and make more memories with my family.