Bear of the Week: Ethan McCollum

Sophomore+Ethan+McCollum+is+on+the+varsity+football+team+and+is+a+friend+to+everyone+he+meets.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Bear of the Week: Ethan McCollum

Sophomore Ethan McCollum is on the varsity football team and is a friend to everyone he meets.

Trinity Norwood

Trinity Norwood

Trinity Norwood

Brice Sylestine, Writer

Ethan McCollum is a sophomore with a passion for sports and making good grades in his classes. His hobbies are playing football, basketball, and enjoying time spent with friends. He is currently the quarterback for the Battlin’ Bear Varsity Football team and has helped them to a 2-1 district record.

Others may describe McCollum as athletic, outgoing, and – of course – awesome. He is also known for being a leader, maintaining a positive attitude, and having a caring personality. A little known fact about McCollum is that he does not like to be on his phone; he would rather just talk to those around him.

According to McCollum, the best part of his day is going home to relax after a long day. When’s he’s not at school, he is usually doing homework or studying. Three things he said he cannot live without are his family, friends, and food.

In ten years, McCollum sees himself with a family and working hard on his future career. A quote he tries to live by is, “Try and fail, but don’t fail to try.”