Bears show support with Pink Out game

Emily Landry

LCM students show support for their school while spreading awareness for breast cancer.

Kayla Dean, Writer

As Breast Cancer Awareness month comes to an end, the high school will host its annual ‘Pink Out’ game to show its support for breast cancer awareness. The students are able to purchase $5 cannons that will be released during the halftime show of the varsity home football game on Oct. 27. All money made from the cannons will be given to the Julie Rogers ‘Gift of Life’ Foundation.

All high school students are able to purchase the cannons, in the hopes of spreading awareness and getting students more involved with school while also raising money for a great cause.

“The cannons will be for school spirit and to help raise awareness for breast cancer,” Interact Club officer Nyah Patel said. “Our goal is to raise as much money for the Julie Roger’s Gift of Life as well as bumping school spirit.”

The cannons are available to all high school students all week. If there aren’t enough cannons sold, the middle school and junior high students attending the high school will be able to buy the remaining cannons.

“Cannons will be sold to the high school students until Friday,” Interact Club officer Erika Cook said. “That following week it will be determined whether or not to sell to the middle school and junior high students. If we have an excessive amount of proceeds for Julie Rogers Gift of Life, then selling to the junior high is not needed.”

The students involved in Interact Club are excited to see the turn out of the cannons.

“The Interact organization is honored to be able to help Julie Rogers, especially in a way to get the whole school involved as well,” Cook said. “This is a great opportunity for the school to be involved and make a nice display to support the football team and Breast Cancer Awareness.”