Cheer to host clinic this Saturday

Last+years+cheer+clinic+attendees+performed+for+the+fans+at+a+Battlin+Bear+Football+game.+

Emilie Fife

Last year’s cheer clinic attendees performed for the fans at a Battlin’ Bear Football game.

Bear Facts Staff

The high school cheerleaders will host a cheer clinic from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. this Saturday, Sept. 18 at the LCM High School gym. Registration is $40 for those who pay prior to the clinic day and $45 for those who register the day of the clinic. Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m. the day of the clinic and is available for girls in Pre-K through 6th grade.

Those who attend the clinic will get to interact with the high school cheerleaders and mascots, as well as learn cheers, chants, stunts, and jumps. They will also get to perform during the third quarter of the Homecoming football game on Friday, Sept. 24.

“The cheer participants learn to come together as a team and that cheerleading is definitely hard work but so much fun at the same time,” cheer sponsor Brandy Cricchio said. “I hope that they enjoy learning from the high school cheerleaders and our hope is that it sparks something in them to want to become future cheerleaders or mascots as they go to junior high and high school.”

After a full morning of learning chants and cheers, the clinic attendees will perform for their parents at 11:30. Parents will need to arrive for pick-up by 11:45. Those attending should dress comfortably and wear tennis shoes. Snacks will also be provided.

“We have had a really good turnout in the past couple of years,” Cricchio said. “I believe last year we had about 85 girls attend. We are really hoping for an even better turnout this year. We always want it to be more successful than the year before and for it to continue to grow into something all of the kids look forward to each year.”