Movies make memories

Sophomore+Emily+Glover+adores+watching+movies.+

Bailey Noah

Sophomore Emily Glover adores watching movies.

Emily Glover, Writer

Ever since I was a little girl, I have always loved to watch movies. I remember my dad having this huge collection of DVD’s since Netflix and on demand wasn’t around back then. He had what looked like thousands and I’d always enjoy going through them and picking one out on a Saturday night with a friend. We were so incredibly excited to go lay in the living room and have the big TV all to ourselves to watch whatever movie we chose.

My most favorite type of movie was, of course, horror. I still think to do this day that scary movies are the way to go. Even though I try closing my ears or hiding my eyes behind my hands half of the time, I still favor them over any type of movie. Being scared just gives me a weird and anxious feeling. I like being scared, but I don’t – if that makes any sense.

I don’t have a favorite scary movie; I simply just like anything that has those random pop out scenes in them just because they scare me the most. Although, the movie Hills Have Eyes has stuck with me all through these years. I remember the actors’ makeup freaking me out so badly, but now I realize how fake it looks and it doesn’t bother me. I haven’t seen a scary movie in a while unfortunately, because my mom hates them and yells at my dad and I about how we aren’t “allowed” to watch one every time we talk about doing so.

I prefer going to the movie theater rather than at my own house because I like the atmosphere more than I do at home. The sound is louder, the screen is bigger, and the popcorn is superb. But to save money, staying at home would definitely be the better option unless you sneak candy in your mom’s purse from the Dollar Store like I do. That’s the only bad part about the movies, is that everything you buy is way too expensive.

Going to the movies is always something that I look forward to. Whether it’s with my friends or family, I always have a great time. I love anticipating the movie and waiting to see how it is going to turn out. Then after it ends getting to talk about the best parts and no so good parts. It’s a fun activity to do any time of day and I don’t think I’ll never not enjoy seeing movies in general especially at the theater.

Besides horror, I still take interest in romantic, comedy, and action movies. I used to not like romantic movies, but being around my mom I’ve found a liking for them, since she has Hallmark on 24/7 at my house. I didn’t like action movies so much either, but having a brother and my dad always raving about them I really didn’t have a choice to like them or not. Nevertheless, I’m always down for a good movie.